Two-way Speech-to-Speech Translation
Raytheon BBN Technologies’ TransTalk™ is a portable, two-way translation device that facilitates the exchange of information across language barriers.
English language speech is automatically translated and spoken in the foreign language. The foreign language speaker’s response is then automatically translated into English. Our speech-to-speech translation technology is language independent and can be configured for any language pairing.
- Border security and law enforcement
- Force-on-force training
- Private peer-to-peer communication between military officers
- Military intelligence gathering
- Medical or refugee scenarios
- Civil and administrative meetings such as SWET surveys
- Session logging and evidence gathering
- Full two-way translation of speech
- Eyes-free mode for more natural conversation
- Searchable audio log for review of conversations
- Recognizes and translates free form speech
- Configurable for new languages and specific technical domains
- Captures images and GPS coordinates
Supported Language Pairs
- English ↔ Spanish
- English ↔ Iraqi Arabic
- English ↔ Pashto
- English ↔ Dari
In a recent third-party evaluation, Raytheon BBN TransTalk™ outperformed competing devices in both accuracy and usability. As a pioneer in speech and language technologies, we have a long track record of excellence in many areas of the field.
TransTalk is available for any Android device, including smartphones and tablets. We recommend COTS Android smartphones with at least 1 GB RAM and 8 GB Flash storage.