Lynx Infantry Fighting Vehicle
The Overmatch Solution for Today and Tomorrow
Today’s complex, increasingly unpredictable military operations call for an entirely new vehicle concept, one that can adapt to the shifting imperatives of the 21st century battlespace.
Combining the best of American and German engineering, Raytheon and Rheinmetall have joined forces to meet the U.S. Army’s requirement for a Next-Generation Combat Vehicle/Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle.
Equipped with Raytheon weapons, sensors and system integration expertise, the Lynx Infantry Fighting Vehicle provides an advanced, modular and combat-ready solution — and gives soldiers a decisive advantage for decades to come.
Lynx is a 21st century solution, providing modularity and maximum available growth capacity for the future.
- Protection – Delivers up to the highest STANAG ballistic and mine protection to survive against modern conventional and asymmetric threats.
- Capacity – Innovative 37-55-ton adaptable, reconfigurable design with exceptional volume under armor; up to nine dismounts (95th percentile).
- Mobility – Exceptional power-to-weight ratio across all weight configurations; agile in dense urban environments.
- Lethality – Next-generation turret up to 50mm cannon, hunterkiller, killer-killer, remotely controlled weapon station, dual multi-mission pods, fully integrated situational awareness sensor suite.
- Growth – Unmatched growth capacity; open mechanical, electrical and electronic architecture; optionally manned capabilities; modular design for chassis and turret.
From its protective hull to its counter-IED system to its LANCE 2.0 turret and 35mm automatic cannon, the Lynx vehicle's ready-now, modular platform is equipped with full range of advanced systems.
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR THE LYNX INFANTRY FIGHTING VEHICLE
The Active Protection System provides 360° hemispherical protection for ground vehicles against advanced threats.
The Coyote® drone identifies and eliminates enemy unmanned aircraft of any size when paired with an advanced electronically scanned array KRFS radar.
This advanced targeting system uses heat to see through darkness, smoke, rain, snow and fog, enhancing range performance, resolution and image quality.
The tube-launched, wireless-guided TOW® weapon system delivers overmatch against armored and wheeled systems in any environment.
Made in America
Raytheon and Rheinmetall will manufacture the Lynx Infantry Fighting Vehicle in the United States, partnering with suppliers across the country to create jobs and strengthen the U.S. industrial base.
Learn more about Raytheon’s Land Warfare Overmatch Solutions.