Drawing on decades of manufacturing expertise, Raytheon continues to define the future for high energy laser systems, target designators and next generation laser range finders. Our combat proven sensors and ready-now technology turn "just an idea" into a dominant battlefield advantage.
- We produced the first laser rangefinder, the first laser target designator and the first production military LADAR, a combination of radar and laser, beginning in the 1960s.
- Our High Energy Lasers, or HEL are designed to detect and track manned and unmanned airborne vehicles, shipboard, ground-mobile and ground-based platforms.
- Combat proven, with nearly four million operational flight hours, our Multi Spectral Targeting System™ combines the most advanced laser designation capability with infrared sensors and fiber to enable pinpoint military operations.
Our Laser in action
HIGH ENERGY OUTPUT IN A COMPACT DESIGN
We provide innovative laser weapon systems with 360 degree coverage for sea, land and air applications. Our laser technology identifies, tracks, and defends against enemy missiles, mortars, unmanned vehicles, swarming boat attacks and other "close-in" defense situations. They provide precise, clean, low-cost engagements with near-infinite magazines.
Our systems generate high power output in compact and rugged packages. The open architecture features modular, scalable designs that can be integrated on a variety of tactical platforms making them available for immediate use in combat.
We partnered with U.S. Special Operations Command and Project Management Office Apache Attack Helicopter to demonstrate the feasibility of high energy lasers on rotary wing aircraft. Confirmed on the AH-64 Apache, our HEL delivered a near-instantaneous response proving reliability and lethality in operational combat zones.
How we do it
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF OUR APPROACH:
- High survivability, rugged design with straightforward scalability to higher output power
- Compact and lightweight
- Efficient heat removal and thermal management
- Modular, low maintenance design
- Automated queuing from the full spectrum of EO/IR sensors
- Proven manufacturing experience
Truly technologically advanced, our HEL components use a single aperture optical path and modular alignment to make the invisible visible and to ensure precision targeting.