Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Empowering Families Through Boys & Girls Clubs
Growing up in a military family can instill values that last a lifetime: self-reliance, a sense of adventure and a dedication to service. But it can also pose special challenges for children, with frequent moves and long stretches apart from deployed parents.
Raytheon supports the children of military families through a partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, which operates youth centers and after-school programs on nearly every U.S. military installation and in communities with a strong military presence. Raytheon is helping clubs to build Centers of Innovation where children can explore technology and learn new skills.
The first centers have opened at nine locations in the United States and one abroad:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of South County, Chula Vista, California
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas, Killeen, Texas
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntsville, Alabama
- Harford County Boys & Girls Clubs, Aberdeen, Maryland
- Joint Base Andrews Youth Center, Maryland
- Ramstein Air Base Youth Programs, Germany
- Boys & Girls Club of San Antonio, Texas
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego, California
- Boys & Girls Club of the Pikes Peak Region, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Eglin Air Force Base Youth Center, Florida
Raytheon's work with the Boys and Girls Clubs of America is part of the “Better Together” Military Public-Private Partnership, which aims to serve military families living in civilian communities where the need is greatest.
The effort is part of Raytheon's broader commitment to service members, especially in the area of education and development.
“The men and women who serve their country have sacrificed much for our safety and freedom,” Raytheon Chairman and CEO Thomas A. Kennedy said. “It is our responsibility to show them our trust and respect by supporting them and their families in achieving great futures.”
Company volunteers also support Boys & Girls Clubs programs through mentoring programs and educational events, including Engineers Week activities and Pi Day. A Raytheon donation is also funding training of Boys & Girls Club staff by the Military Child Education Coalition.
Read more about our commitment to communities, especially military ones, on our Corporate Responsibility home page.