Raytheon in the Emirates
We have enjoyed a close and enduring relationship with the United Arab Emirates, built over 30 years of supporting the Emirates’ national security, civil defense infrastructure, local manufacturing and training in a number of strategic initiatives.
We established our first office in the UAE in 1983 and began delivery and support of the medium-range Hawk Air Defense System to the UAE in 1987.
We have formed strong partnerships with local companies in line with the country’s economic aspirations and development roadmaps, including Abu Dhabi Vision 2030. Our UAE partnerships help meet Emirates national security requirements and safeguard its people. Key local industry partners include:
- Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB)
- NIMR Automotive
- Emirates Defense Industries Company
We have continually expanded our support of the Emirates to include air defense and sustainment, advanced cybersecurity technologies and support, and our proven sensors and effectors, including:
- The TALON® Laser-Guided Rocket (LGR), co-developed with UAE industry and integrated on UAE airborne platforms.
- The Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) guided system, the world's most modern ship self-defense weapon, protecting the UAE Critical Infrastructure and Coastal Protection Authority’s Arialah offshore patrol vessels.
- The ESSM Evolved Seasparrow Missile, which protects ships from cruise missile threats.
- Raytheon’s Global Patriot™, the foundation of integrated air and missile defense for more than a dozen nations.
We protect every side of cyber for the UAE. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions — to make the world a safer place.
The Middle East faces a shortage of cyber defenders. We help bridge that gap with a global cyber education program launched in 2016 and highlighted at the UAE Security Forum, an event sponsored by us in partnership with the Arab Gulf States Institute and the UAE’s National Electronic Security Authority.
Two key programs in the United Arab Emirates highlighted this vitally important focus:
- The UAE Security Forum: “Bridging the Cybersecurity Talent Gap” – a one-day program focusing on development of cyber talent.
- The Cyber Academy, a four-day cyber educational workshop at Khalifa University that taught students new cybersecurity skills.
A Lasting Tradition
Our products have defended the Middle East region for more than 50 years. We have been a strong partner and provider of the world’s best missile systems and other solutions, helping to protect its citizens. The long-term presence has enabled our people to come to know our customers here professionally and personally.
No partnership better illustrates this than our lasting collaboration with Abu Dhabi Ship Building. Abu Dhabi Ship Building is a significant economic entity in the region and the UAE Navy’s prime provider of maritime logistics support. For the past 10 years, we have consulted with one another on the design and development of future variants and new ship classes.
Promoting Science and Technology
We also promote the advancement of science, technology, engineering and math in the UAE with our MathAlive! travelling exhibit. It has made numerous stops in the region, beginning with an appearance at the Abu Dhabi Science Festival in 2013. MathAlive! most recently appeared in Dubai in 2017, in recognition of both the “Year of Giving” and Raytheon’s 30-year anniversary of partnership with the Emirates.