WORKFORCE TRAINING FOR TODAY AND UPSKILLING FOR TOMORROW
With over 90 years of worldwide training expertise, RPS offers apprenticeship programmes that deliver innovative training and development opportunities to individuals, communities and businesses across the U.K. The apprenticeship programmes we design and manage make a profound difference in young people's career paths and lives. They also help businesses achieve their full potential.
We are experts at providing high-quality apprenticeships tailored to a diverse range of industries. This is why our completion rates rank significantly above the U.K. national average.
RPS has developed learning solutions across many verticals, including:
- Service Technician Training
- Parts Advisor Learning Solutions
- Customer Service Advisor Training
- Administration and Business Apprenticeships
- Leadership and Management Training Solutions
- Bespoke-Apprenticeship and Higher-Apprenticeship Programmes (offered in automotive and other technical industries upon request and agreement)
Benefits of Virtual Classroom Training
The opportunity for apprentices to interact with trainers in a classroom setting offers a level of collaboration that is critical to effective learning. But traditional "stand-up" classroom training can be as inefficient as it is costly, especially for organisations with distributed teams and extensive training needs.
RPS addresses these challenges and more with virtual classroom training (VCT). VCT enables organisations to deliver the benefits of a highly interactive, fully integrated classroom training programme while overcoming the barriers of geography, travel costs and availability. VCT provides a cost-effective, two-way classroom learning experience delivered via the web for anytime, anywhere training.
Benefits to Learners
- No travel required — Access to learning is available via the internet.
- Support — All the support needed to complete the courses is built into the programme.
- Learning experience — VCT offers a highly interactive, two-way learning experience.
- Flexibility — Access to course materials is possible anytime, anywhere.
Are you looking for a job where you can earn money while learning the skills you need to achieve your career ambitions? Let us help you jumpstart your career!
You are looking for a job where you can earn money while you learn the skills you need to achieve your career ambitions? We help you to gain a recognized qualification with full support during training. All our apprenticeship programmes include an NVQ Qualification, Key Skills and a Technical Certificate.
There are no formal minimal requirements for entry to an Apprenticeship, but in order to succeed and get the most from our programmes, you need to be enthusiastic, committed and hard working.
- Earn while you learn — gain qualifications and experience whilst getting paid.
- Focus on the career of your choice.
- Develop skills directly relevant to your chosen career.
- Be treated as an adult and get a real feel for the world of work.
- Open up a route into further study.
- Don't get into debt like university students — apprenticeships are government funded.
- Apprenticeships strike a balance between work and study — so it's not back to school.
- You are entitled to annual holidays just like any other employee.
Benefits to Employers
- Value for money — Our innovative learning methods allow you to do more with fewer demands on budget and resources.
- Less time spent away from work — Because training is undertaken in virtual classrooms, it can happen wherever access to the internet is provided.
- Flexibility — Learning can take place when it suits the business and the apprentices, fitting in around work patterns.
- Cost savings — No travel or overnight accommodation costs are required; in addition, time away from the workplace is drastically reduced.
We are experts in providing high quality, innovative apprenticeships. Our extensive experience will benefit your company and ensure that your employees have the best chance of success.
As a provider of Apprenticeships and Advanced Apprenticeships, our aim is to deliver a service to both the employer and the apprentice that is recognised for its quality. This quality is reflected by our high retention and achievement rates of our learners whose on-going success maximises employer and individual potential.
- We provide training nationwide in the UK. Our field based Training Assessors are available to support you whether you're a small local business or a national multi-site organisation.
- We offer a full assessment and implementation services allowing us to advise on matters such as funding availability and training requirements to meet your business needs.
- With access to government funding we are able to maximise your training budget and reduce your financial burden of training costs.
- Whilst we will deliver training in the workplace our Virtual Classroom (VCT) capabilities will minimise the time your employees need to spend away from their everyday job.
Bespoke Apprenticeship and Higher Apprenticeship Programmes are offered in Automotive and other technical industries upon request and agreement.
Don't miss out on our exciting range of automotive career opportunities. Shift into the next gear with one of the leading training innovators in the automotive industry!
As we move into new exciting times and face challenges such as low carbon technology and advanced vehicle safety you can be sure that you are with one of the leading training innovators in the automotive industry. Our programmes are recognised for their quality and performance.
Training takes place on the job, day release training at one of our modern local training centres and remotely using distance learning capabilities, such as Web Based Training and Virtual Classroom Training.
Our training centres are located in Nottingham and Milton Keynes.
Our Automotive Service Technician apprenticeships are designed to build the skills needed to find and repair faults on a range of different cars as well as carry out routine servicing. Skills such as mechanical diagnostics, cost estimations, and customer relations are utilized in addition to servicing a wide range of vehicles.
Upon completion of this program, potential jobs include Automotive Service Technician, Automotive Mechanical Installer and servicer, Parts Manager, service Manager or Motor Vehicle Inspector and Tester.
This apprenticeship is the right choice if you like to deal with complex computer technologies like on-board computers in automobiles and computerized diagnostic equipment in use. Furthermore, you like to work in a continually changing technical environment, are enthusiastic and motivated.
Duration: 3 Years
Off the Job Training: 17 weeks
(Classroom/Workshop at our training centers)
On / Off the Job Coaching is also provided.
Our Parts Consultant Apprenticeships are designed to build the skills needed to locate the correct part from the right location and manage the delivery to the service desk at the right price for the customer using specialized computer systems. Applicants will learn excellent customer skills, a good telephone manner and strong IT skills and must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This apprenticeship is the right choice for you if you have a genuine interest in working in the automotive sector, are hard working, enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills. Furthermore you should be able to work using your own initiative and as part of a team.
Duration: 2 Years
Off the Job Training: 2 weeks
(Classroom/Workshop at our training centers)
On / Off the Job Coaching is also provided.
Some of your main tasks as a Service Advisor are advising customers on vehicle needs, time for repair and booking loan vehicles, workshop loading and parts ordering, controlling and organising work for the workshop staff and parts department as well as handing over the vehicle to the customer after the work is done.
This apprenticeship is the right choice if you are very well organised and able to cope with a large amount of detailed information. Furthermore, you will need excellent communication skills and have the ability to pass on information in a detailed manner to customers and your colleagues. It is important to be comfortable with the use of information technology and understand basic mechanical and electrical principals.
Duration: 24-30 Months
(Programme is delivered to the pace of the learner)
On the Job Coaching is provided at the retailer.
Get access to a multitude of career opportunities in almost any industry! Business Apprenticeships are some of the most popular and desirable programmes in country. After successful completion apprentices have access to a multitude of career opportunities and can work in almost any industry.
They gain transferable skills that are not specific to any one company or industry and after successful completion they have options to progress to a higher level qualification in Team Leading, Management or a specific skill such as accountancy or marketing.
Business & Administration:
Our Business Administration Apprenticeships is delivered using a Virtual Classroom. This help you develop a wide range of office skills designed to cover the varying roles undertaken in a business and office environment whilst developing competent and well trained people.
VCT – no more classroom learning required
The programme is delivered in a virtual classroom environment with a collaborative learning approach this allows the learners to participate with the training delivery on-line and in the work place.
Apprenticeship Level 2 – This programme concentrates on core skills such as IT (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and e-mail), development of effective organisational, team working and communication skills, and health and safety awareness and compliance.
Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 – This programme focuses on developing the skills necessary to manage people and processes within an office or business administration context. As part of your training you will be required to implement improvements in: effectiveness, efficiency and individual and/or team performance. Apprentices will also further develop their IT and management skills.
This apprenticeship is the right choice if you are enthusiastic, motivated and efficient at multi-tasking. Furthermore, you like working in an office environment, have a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail.
Our Customer Service Apprenticeships are designed to build the skills needed to resolve all sorts of customer issues and concerns to ensure customer loyalty. These may include answering customer enquiries, selling goods and services, solving problems, advising on products, customer promotions and events, dealing with complaints and improving communications.
Typical positions along the career progression are Customer Service Assistant, Call Center Agent, Customer Service Supervisor or Customer Service Manager.
Apprenticeship (Level 2)
This programme concentrates on developing and delivering first-rate customer service, dealing with customers in writing, using ICT, face to face or by telephone, processing customer service information, supporting improvements, and recognising and resolving queries and problems.
Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
This programme focuses on improving organisations performance by enhancing understanding and implementation of customer service. Apprentices will gain a thorough understanding of customer service to improve service delivery, including the rules relating to this area of operations.