Raytheon Australia’s innovative and unique GradX program will initially see ten undergraduates from varying disciplines join us in their last year of study, with a guaranteed full time position upon completion of their degree.
As a selected 2020 GradX participant you will be assigned a senior Raytheon Australia mentor while you continue your final year of study. Upon completion of your degree, you will come on board in a full time role and will be supported through learning, mentoring and career development opportunities tailored to advance your individual professional, technical and leadership skills.
Those selected for GradX will also have access to some unique perks including:
- A sign on cash bonus of $5,000, in the form of a pre-loaded debit card
- Access to paid internships during the last year of university study
- A senior leader assigned as a career mentor
- Support through ongoing training and professional development
- Access to exclusive alumni events
- A confirmed place on our acclaimed leadership development program (during your second or third year of GradX)
- $5,000 of learning credits in the second or third year of the program
- Opportunities for rotation across programs or functions in the final two years of the program
- Access to selected employee benefits
Are you ready to start your mission?
By starting a graduate career with us you’ll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects for some of Australia’s most significant defence capability programs.
We are looking for passionate, motivated future leaders who can work well in a diverse and innovative team environment. If that describes you, then submit your application to start your mission today!
Applications for the 2020 GradX program open on 1 October and close on 8 November, 2019.
Are you ready? Then click below to start your application.
- What is GradX? GradX is a selective program for up to ten undergraduates in their last year of study. The program goes for three years total, during which time the company invests in the professional development of participants including a guaranteed full time position upon graduation.
- What opportunities are there in GradX? GradX positions are open to undergraduates studying fields related to Engineering, Program Management, IT, Finance, Contracts and Supply Chain Management as well as Communications and Marketing.
- How do I apply for GradX? Begin by completing the online application to start the three-stage selection process. Those who make it past the application stage will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a brief video interview. Candidates who progress beyond this phase may subsequently be asked to participate in a face-to-face assessment day which will include a range of individual and team-based activities.
- What if I'm not an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident? All GradX participants are required to have the right to work in Australia, and must be able to obtain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency security clearance. Please refer to the website for further information.
- When are the opening/closing date for applications? Applications will open on 1 October and will remain open for a period of 6 weeks, closing on 8 November, 2019.
- When will I hear back after submitting my application? You will receive an email advising whether you will progress to the online assessment stage of the selection process within 3-5 working days of applications closing.
- What do you look for in a graduate? Raytheon Australia looks for adaptable, resourceful employees who are self-motivated, work well in a team, communicate well, and have leadership potential.
- What is the level of commitment for GradX? If selected, you will be invited to attend an orientation day in early 2020. After that, there will be opportunities throughout the year for virtual and/or face to face catch-ups with your mentor. You may even wish to participate in an internship during your final year of study. Our Graduate Program Coordinator will stay in regular contact with you to ensure you have access to the right support during your final year of study.
- What happens when I graduate? Participants in GradX are guaranteed employment with Raytheon Australia on successful completion of your degree and on maintaining appropriate standards.
- What happens if I don’t graduate? Employment with Raytheon Australia will be subject to successful completion of your degree studies, therefore you will be expected to graduate in order to commence employment with us and to remain a participant in the GradX program.
- I have already graduated—can I still apply? GradX is designed to support undergraduate students through their final year of university and their transition into the workforce. If you have already graduated, please keep an eye out for job opportunities on our website or our social channels.
- How will you stay in touch with me throughout the application process? Via the email you have provided to us in your application.
- What support is provided to GradX participants? GradX participants will be provided with support throughout their final year of study. This will include mentoring and learning opportunities and access to our discount scheme. On commencement of GradX and following your attendance at an orientation day, you will receive a cash bonus of $5,000, in the form of a pre-loaded debit card.
- What sort of questions will I be asked in the online assessment? The online assessments focus on cognitive ability and other traits which contribute to potential and high performance. Questions in the General Intelligence Assessment (GIA) will centre around reasoning, numeracy, comprehension and spatial visualisation, whereas the High Potential Trait Indicator (HPTI) Assessment will focus on questions that will indicate the potential for high performance focusing on concepts that may influence your thoughts, emotions and behaviour.
- How does the video interview work? Candidates who progress to the HPTI Assessment phase will be invited to upload a short 3-4 min video answering three questions which will be provided at the time of interview. More information will be provided to those who are successful through the first stage of the selection process.
- What training do you offer GradX participants? GradX participants may undertake Raytheon training that could include leadership development, generic courses, on the job training during an internship or courses run by Raytheon which are function-specific.
- Does Raytheon Australia support postgraduate studies? Depending on your chosen course of study, Raytheon Australia employees are able to access company supported further education. This is subject to approval on the basis that the study is relevant to your employment. If approved, this can include up to 50% of the cost of the study and work release to attend exams.
- What locations can I work from? We have offices in every mainland state, with select opportunities available in most of these locations dependant on your chosen field of interest.