Raytheon Corporate Social Responsibility
With global reach comes global responsibility. We take that responsibility very seriously through our commitment to ethics, corporate governance, diversity, sustainability and community involvement.
Ethics and Business Conduct
Raytheon values integrity, and is committed at all levels to ethical business behaviors — it is at the core of everything we do. We have instituted practices and training to ensure everything we do is held to the highest standards of ethics, law, and business practice.
Diversity at Raytheon is about inclusiveness — providing an atmosphere where everyone feels valued and empowered to perform at a peak level, regardless of the many ways people are different, including but not limited to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, family history or physical ability.
Sustainability is Raytheon's environmental commitment to future generations. It's a journey and every step forward is a step that matters. Raytheon's Sustainability program sees to protect our environment and conserve natural resources. If focuses on seven strategic areas:
- Energy efficiency
- Greenhouse gas emission reduction
- Recycling and waste minimization
- Water conservation
- Design for sustainability
- Eco-friendly supply chain
- Environment stewardship
Armed Services Support
At Raytheon, we embrace our responsibility to give back to the brave men and women who have served their country—and to advocate for families who have sacrificed to sustain them. We believe in empowering veterans through continuing education. And we believe that by doing so we are helping our nation’s warfighters find success in their civilian lives and helping to build a generation of professionals who understand the importance of leadership, discipline and perseverance.
At Raytheon, we believe that corporations have a critical role to play in ensuring that students from all backgrounds receive robust instruction in math and science throughout their academic careers. Our MathMovesU® program engages students from elementary school through college, supports educators and policymakers, and promotes racial and gender equality within science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields. Our MathMovesU programs include:
- MathAlive! — Raytheon’s traveling museum exhibition that showcases the wonders of math in an interactive environment
- Sum of All Thrills™ — Our thrill ride at Disney's Epcot where guests use engineering concepts to build and experience their own virtual thrill ride
- STEM Education Model — A simulation and modeling tool for U.S. STEM education
- Science of Sports Science Fair — A partnership with the New England Patriots and Boys & Girls Clubs that pairs Raytheon mentors with students to create projects that explore math and science through sports
- The Hall at Patriot Place Presented by Raytheon — A museum at the stadium of the New England Patriots that features interactive exhibits exploring the math and science of football
- Raytheon MATHCOUNTS National Competition® — A national middle school math competition that brings together the brightest mathletes from around the country
- FIRST® Robotics — A robotics program for high-school students that allows them to experience a real-world engineering challenge within a team environment
- Team America Rocketry Challenge — A program that teaches students aerospace engineering principles through a national rocket launch competition
- WGBH – PBS Learning — Online resources for teachers to bring engineering concepts into their classrooms
- Engineering is Elementary (EiE) — A Museum of Science, Boston program that develops engineering curriculum guides and other resources for elementary school teachers
- Injaz® — An Arabic-language version of the Engineering is Elementary program
- Questacon — A partnership with Australia’s National Science and Technology Centre to bring the hands-on exhibition "Imagination Factory" and a state-of-the-art digital studio to students
Raytheon is helping to build the next generation of engineers through scholarships, competitions, internships and other programs for college students. Programs include:
- National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition — A program that provides college students the opportunity to test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats
- Student Veterans of America — A partnership that enables and empowers student veterans to reach their goals for higher education
Raytheon employees all over the world donate their time and talents to make a difference in the lives of others. They engage in a broad range of activities, including on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education initiatives; support of America’s armed services; and local projects in the communities in which they live and work.
Raytheon and its employees are particularly passionate about furthering STEM education, and that’s why Raytheon has joined US2020, a White House initiative created to mobilize one million STEM mentors by 2020. Our STEM mentoring programs include:
- Leadership and Science Ensures Results (LASER) Program in Texas — A program that incorporates a fun mix of math, science and leadership skills and engages students in project-based learning activities
- Math Nights in Arizona — A program that brings technical professionals into the classroom to help students excel in math
- Stand & Deliver in Massachusetts — A program that matches volunteers with middle and high school students to receive tutoring in a corporate environment, providing exposure to real-world work experiences
- Science of Sports Science Fair in Massachusetts — A partnership with the New England Patriots and Boys & Girls Clubs that pairs Raytheon mentors with students to create projects that explore math and science through sports