Department of Transportation (DoT) Communications, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) Traffic Management (TM)
The John A. Volpe Transportation Systems Center's (NTSC) (Volpe Center) role in the innovative process applies a systems perspective in assessing needs and requirements. The center's team analyzes and deploys innovative transportation systems solutions – operational or technological. Its funding approach promotes agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
Department of Transportation (DoT) and other federal agencies.
The Volpe Center provides CNS/TM related research and development support in response to near term U.S. Government program needs. Seven areas identified include:
- Strategic planning, architecture analysis and systems engineering
- Air traffic management systems
- Position, navigation and timing (PNT) systems
- Surveillance systems/ADS-B surveillance systems
- Autonomous and unmanned systems
- Communication systems
- Traffic/fleet management automation, display and control systems
The Volpe (NTSC) in Cambridge, Massachusetts will task work that will be performed for NASA, FA and DoD/DHS customers. Raytheon has the option to bid competitively on any task order.