Bloomberg TV features five of Raytheon's most powerful missiles
Five of Raytheon's most powerful missiles were recently featured on Bloomberg TV.
The show featured five of the company’s missiles that are deployed today, from the legendary Patriot air and missile defense system to the missile-killing SM-3 interceptor.
- Standard Missile-3 is a defensive weapon used by the U.S. Navy to destroy short- to intermediate-range ballistic missiles in space.
- Tomahawk is a cruise missile that can circle for hours, shift course instantly on command and beam a picture of its target to controllers halfway around the world.
- Standard Missile-6 protects ships from airborne threats like planes, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles and cruise missiles.
- AMRAAM is the most advanced air-to-air missile - a fighter pilot’s weapon with a ‘beyond visual range’ seeker that can “see” through darkness and poor weather conditions.
- Patriot is the world’s most advanced air and missile defense system, and the cornerstone of the air and missile defense architecture for 12 nations around the globe.
Raytheon develops and produces a broad range of missiles and provides defensive and offensive weapons for air, land, sea and space, including interceptors for U.S. ballistic missile defense.
Last Updated: 07/01/2014