Last Updated: 05/07/2012*
Raytheon’s Jeff Snyder, vice president of Cyber Programs, will participate in a panel debate May 10 that will build on the conclusions of the Security and Defence Agenda’s (SDA) recently released report, “Cyber-security: The vexed question of global rules,” and examine the international cooperation mechanisms both in place and urgently needed.
The panel will look at several questions: What obstacles still stand in the way of improving cooperation and what role should be played by international and regional organizations? What are the legal difficulties that stand in the way of greater cyber-security, and how do governments plan to reconcile the rights of citizens with their own concerns over national security?
Other members of the panel include:
- Chris M. Painter, Coordinator for Cyber Issues, Office of the Secretary of State, U.S. Department of State;
- Gerard De Graaf, Director Audiovisual, Media, Internet, DG INFSO, European Commission;
- Troels Oerting, Assistant Director of Operations, EUROPOL;
- Heli Tiirmaa-Klaar, Cyber Security Policy Advisor, European External Action Service (EEAS)
* The content on this page is classified as historical content. See this important information regarding such content.