Parent and Teacher Engineering Toolkit
Help your students discover the reasons to love engineering, what career opportunities are out there and what education they'll need to snag their dream job.
What do engineers do?
Engineers are real-life superheroes! They solve complex problems and make the world a better place.
- There are many reasons to love engineering — here's our Top 10 Reasons
- Not sure how to talk to your students about engineering? Read these helpful tips from DisvoverE.org.
- Learn about 29 different engineering careers, job outlooks for these positions, the educational requirements and median salaries here.
What education will students need?
Students who pursue engineering in college often begin a focus on math and science in middle school and early high school. Help your students get prepared!
- Read these tips from DiscoverE.org to help your students prepare for college.
- Research the right engineering school for your student. Here's a good place to start.
- Find out the top-ranked engineering programs from U.S. News & World Report.
How can I bring engineering into my classroom?
As STEM educators, you are the key to creating a brighter future for America’s STEM workforce. Ensuring that you have the tools you need and the recognition you deserve is part of the MathMovesU® strategy.
- Engineering is Elementary (EiE) is a research-based, standards-driven and classroom-tested curriculum that integrates engineering and technology concepts and skills with elementary science topics.
- In Engineering Adventures (EA) After School, children are introduced to the Engineering Design Process as they ask questions, imagine, plan, create, and improve solutions to real-world problems.
Last Updated: 05/02/2016