Howling Jets and Hot Technology as Raytheon Throws Open Its Doors at Farnborough International Airshow
New inventions, cutting-edge upgrades and the latest updates from top defense experts will fill this website all week as Raytheon throws open the doors of its pavilion at the Farnborough International Airshow.
The company marks its 90th anniversary this year, and to celebrate we’re taking you behind the scenes at the world’s top flying event. You’ll see videos of our latest products, hear from our executives and get an up-close look at advances like:
- Stunning new powers for today’s pilots, including the ability to hear incoming weapons in 3-D audio, see through churning dust and even peer right through the hull of an aircraft.
- Light, compact new munitions for tomorrow’s drone aircraft.
- Ways to help countries stretch their defense budgets, including new uses for existing missile launchers and drop-in, bolt-on upgrades that turn older aircraft into state-of-the-art fighters.
- New electronically scanned radars that see farther, pick up targets faster and need less maintenance.
- Air traffic management systems to make air travel safer and faster than ever before. You’ll also see our “control tower in a box,” the D-RAPCON, that brings instant air traffic control to the battlefield or a disaster site.
- Advances in ballistic missile defense, including details from the latest flight tests of our Standard Missile-3.
- Innovations in military communication, including new technology to keep the U.S. president connected with commanders around the globe.
You’ll go to the launch pad with Team USA at the International Rocketry Challenge and tag along with participants in Raytheon’s first international Tweetup.
Follow our “tweeps” using the #meetRay hashtag as they practice controlling aircraft.
Check back all week for fresh stories, photos, videos and interviews. There’s a lot to see, and it’s going to get LOUD.