Hack This Challenge
"Hack This Challenge" is a five-hour competition with challenges covering low-level programming, operating system internals and machine code. Register to take part in this challenge.
The event will take place at the Courtyard Marriott in Annapolis Junction, Md., on Friday, October 19, 2012, from 3 to 8 p.m. EDT.
The challenges will be set up in a fashion similar to that used for the DEFCON Capture the Flag qualifications with multiple topic areas containing challenges of increasing difficulty and value.
Come prepared with a laptop preloaded with your preferred compiler, debugger, disassembler, hex editor, and anything else you think you might need. Since the challenges will take place on a stand-alone network, you may also want to have offline copies of any of your favorite reference materials.
Hot and cold refreshments will be served to keep the competition going strong, including meatballs, pizza bites, fried shrimp cocktail and mesquite chicken tortilla roll-ups.
- Participants must compete as individuals, no teams or collaboration allowed.
- Employees and their family members are not eligible to participate.
- Participants must provide valid contact information to arrange prize delivery - prizes will not be awarded at the event.
- The Grand Prize will be awarded to the person with the highest score over 1000 at 8 p.m. or contest end.
- In the case of a tie, the person to reach the highest score first will be the winner.
- If the winner does not respond to our efforts to contact them within one week, the prize will instead be awarded to the next runner up.
- The prize winner is responsible for reporting prize winnings as "other income" in accordance with IRS rules.