- Air and Missile Defense
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I)
- Electronic Warfare
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Naval and Maritime Solutions
- Space Solutions
- Training Solutions
- IDIQ Contract Vehicles
DDG 1000 Construction Time Lapse Video
Seapower for the Missions of the Future
The DDG 1000 Zumwalt-class destroyer is America’s next generation, multi-mission, naval destroyer, serving as the vanguard of an entire new generation of advanced multi-mission surface combat ships.
Under the U.S. Navy's DDG 1000 Detail Design and Integration contract awarded in 2005, Raytheon Integrated Defense System (IDS) serves as the prime mission systems equipment integrator for all of the leading-edge electronic and combat systems for the Zumwalt-class destroyer program. Working with the Navy and a team of industry leaders, IDS is leading the effort to transform the Navy's ship requirements to reality.
Zumwalt’s advanced mission capabilities are driven by 10 critical technologies that give the ship unprecedented versatility in a variety of operational environments and dramatically reduce manning requirements. The systems’ open architecture design enables commonality across the U.S. Navy’s entire family of ships, which will pay dividends for years to come.
- Unmatched warfighting capabilities
- Tested and proven technologies
- Scalability for both forward fit into the Navy’s Family of Ships and backfit into legacy fleet
- Meets known and anticipated future threats
- Design margin for new capabilities and relevance well into the century
Zumwalt will be the centerpiece of seapower for the next 50 years.