Protecting countries from heightened terrorist threats and rising crime rates is a constantly evolving challenge. As new risks arise, governments and municipal public safety agencies are calling for enhanced solutions, especially at the borderlines, to reinforce protection of their homeland security.
Wide Area Video camera (WAVcam) is a high-end video system for border surveillance and protection. It enables defense, law enforcement and homeland security agencies to respond rapidly to evolving threats around the world. WAVcam applications include border and port security, perimeter monitoring of industrial and government facilities, as well as surveillance of large public areas and events.
Using the new Wide Area View concept, the single-camera system integrates proven technologies developed by Innovative Signal Analysis, Inc. WAVcam conducts real-time, persistent, wide-area detection and assists in delivering actionable intelligence into the hands of field personnel.
Key Features and Benefits
- Visible high-definition light sensor
- COTS-based video camera
- Mid-wave infrared sensor for night and day operation
- Continuous surveillance of 90-degree field of view
- Real-time change detection and history
- Target identification and tracking
- Reliable operation in extreme exterior environments
- Simultaneous multi-operator control