Trusted Print Delivery™
Secure printing, hardware consolidation.
Agencies and organizations are looking for additional ways to reduce costs. In the US, President Obama’s FY 2013 budget calls for cuts in unnecessary spending including printing and supplies. This is understandable when you consider that studies show that organizations can save up to 65% of their total printing costs through printer consolidation.1 Printer consolidation not only saves hardware costs but also consumables and administration.
Trusted Print Delivery™ is a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS), highly secure, solution that enables users to print from existing applications at different security or sensitivity levels to a single printer located on the high side network. Reducing printer hardware at individual security levels reduces capital investment, printer inventory, hardware maintenance/supplies, and administration.
Trusted Print Delivery consists of two print adapters, Ingress and Egress, and Raytheon’s Trusted Gateway System™. By utilizing Trusted Gateway System, print jobs are fully inspected to ensure that malicious data is not transferred from the low side to the high side network and that sensitive data is not inadvertently or intentionally transferred from high to low.
Features and Benefits
- Ease of administration
- Seamless interoperability with established print infrastructures
- Configurable banner/trailer pages to ensure that ownership and sensitivity levels are clearly identified (if required)
- Correlated status information across domains
- Minimal user desktop configuration; same as any enterprise printer/driver implementation
- Familiar print submission and print attributes (page orientation, stapling, duplex, etc.)
- Utilizes proven, Unified Cross Domain Services Management Office (UCDSMO) Baseline Listed, certified and accredited Trusted Gateway System™ guard technology for content inspection and security policy enforcement
- Exceptional built-in manual review and automatic validations
- Data inspections which include dirty word search, virus scanning, file type verification and deep content inspection
- Reduces the number of printers needed to support multilevel printing requirements
- Reduces space, power, support and consumables
- Increases security through protocol and print file conversions
1"Reduce Costs Through Printer Consolidation," Info-Tech Research Group