Trusted Mail System™
Secure Exchange of Email and Attachments
Secure information sharing and highly efficient cross-agency collaboration are primary drivers for common IT architectures and infrastructure throughout Departments of Defense/Defence, intelligence communities, and civilian agencies today. There is also an overwhelming need for cost reductions and increased productivity. Studies show that users spend an average of 28% of their work time on email.1 For those with multiple work-related email accounts, on different networks at varying sensitivity levels, that number can increase significantly.
Trusted Mail System™ is a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) highly secure solution that enables the policy-enforced exchange of emails and attachments between users on different networks eliminating the need to switch between email systems at multiple levels. Trusted Mail System provides a ‘single inbox’ that consolidates email residing on multiple networks, at the highest level, making it less likely that important and mission-sensitive email communications are overlooked. Users are able to read, forward, and respond to any email message that they receive regardless of the destination security level, but any emails generated will originate from the security level at which the consolidation resides (normally the highest security level).
Trusted Mail System leverages the widely deployed, accredited and Unified Cross Domain Services Management Office (UCDSMO) Baseline listed Trusted Gateway System™ as the cross domain guard component. The guard ensures that malicious data is not transferred between networks and that sensitive data is not inadvertently or intentionally leaked.
Features and Benefits
- Increases user productivity by providing a ‘single inbox’ capability across multiple email domains
- Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solution
- Utilizes proven,Unified Cross Domain Services Management Office (UCDSMO) Baseline Listed, certified and accredited Trusted Gateway System™ guard technology for content inspection and security policy enforcement
- Exceptional built-in reliable two-person manual review and self-release capabilities (as required by organizational policy)
- Data inspections which include dirty word search, virus scanning, file type verification and deep content inspection
- Supports inspection of email content, attachments, headers, and nested messages
- Provides easy administration by integrating with existing email gateways across the enterprise
1"McKinsey Global Institute report titled “The social economy: Unlocking value and productivity through social technologies” dated July 2012 authored by by Michael Chui, James Manyika, Jacques Bughin, Richard Dobbs, Charles Roxburgh, Hugo Sarrazin, Geoffrey Sands and Magdalena Westergren