Data Filtering and Disguise
Mission readiness for agents, troops, and equipment is essential to warfighter and national security. Connecting training (live, virtual, and constructive - LVC) and testing environments in a real-world manner – across security boundaries – allows for more effective training activities and more efficient test events resulting in overall cost savings, a better trained warfighter and more thoroughly and quickly tested equipment. Training cost savings are realized through the ability to train multiple groups at the same time, be they different national agencies or multinational forces (for example, US and Coalition). Testing cost savings are realized through earlier detection and correction of issues and errors. For example, an unclassified rail gun can be tested with a ship’s classified communications system before the gun is mounted on the ship and is deemed “classified” which reduces the potential for rework and improves implementation time.
SimShield™ is an accredited Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) fixed-format data guard with the capability to label, segregate, protect, and exchange data between systems executing at different sensitivity or classification levels. SimShield meets the data format, near real-time performance and low latency requirements for distributed simulation operations, live training exercises, and test events.
In the LVC training environment, SimShield provides secure interoperability across networks at multiple classification levels, which allows the most realistic and beneficial training exercises for US and Coalition troops. The use of SimShield in these exercises enables training assets that operate under different security classification levels to fully communicate and securely interact, creating the most realistic training exercises possible.
In the Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) environment, SimShield allows tests on distributed components to be performed in near real-time and analyzed in a matter of hours. This drastically reduces testing cycle time, which provides large financial benefits.
SimShield consists of two components: the Policy Editor™ and the Trusted Bridge™. The Policy Editor is an easy-to-use graphical user interface that permits security classification and domain experts to enter and review reclassification rules governing the intercommunication between single level training/simulation networks. Once approved, the administrator can install and implement the configured rule set on the Trusted Bridge in a matter of minutes.
The Visibility and Context You Need To Eliminate Insider Threats
Only Raytheon’s integrated solution can effectively help you monitor your entire enterprise ecosystem without disrupting business continuity. The policy platform pulls it all together and displays all enterprise activity in an intuitive visual dashboard. If a clear violation is detected, you can target specific events or individual users for investigation. Raytheon provides you all the details, insight, and complete context in the form of video replay to immediately assess the severity of the threat, fix the problem, and build the policies to prevent it from happening in the future.
- Commercial-Off-The-Shelf solution
- Included on the Unified Cross Domain Services Management Office (UCDSMO) Baseline List
- The only accredited TENA guard available
- Evaluated by the High Performance Computing Modernization Program Office (HPCMPO) for connection to Defense Research & Engineering Network (DREN) and Secure Defense Research & Engineering Network (SDREN)
- Permits secure connectivity between classified simulators and the rest of the simulation
- Provides fully automated, predictable, controlled and audited two-way communication and sanitization of events across security domains
- Enables the interconnection of RDT&E networks at different sensitivity levels, which moves system tests earlier in the lifecycle
- Provides a user-friendly interface for classification filter rule creation
- Enables interoperability between previously discrete testing and training activities eliminating redundancies and costs
- Natively supports Distributive Interactive Simulation (DIS), High Level Architecture (HLA), Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA), Real-Time Transport (RTP), and MPEG2-TS protocols
- Allows object model or protocol changes without affecting security posture