- Air and Missile Defense
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I)
- Electronic Warfare
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Naval Solutions
- Space Solutions
- Training Solutions
- IDIQ Contract Vehicles
The EMSCs are the cornerstone of Raytheon's ability to deliver support and innovation to engineering systems across a whole enterprise.
From an EMSCs facility located anywhere in the world, government agencies can deliver operations, maintenance and support; remote installation; incremental enhancements; as well as laboratory capabilities to prototype, pilot and introduce new, innovative products across various sites.
An EMSCs has two components:
The Engineering Lab enables agencies to remotely and centrally develop, pilot and roll out innovative solutions across the enterprise. From a single location, the Engineering Lab can support ad hoc requests for algorithm support, ongoing productization efforts, and even task order-based efforts that require access to various locations.
The Maintenance Center provides 24/7, centralized and wide remote maintenance support and network monitoring to operational systems anywhere around the world. The Maintenance Center's capabilities include:
- System prioritization and availability
- Significant cost and schedule efficiencies from developer collaboration on system upgrades and installation, even for simultaneous, enterprise-wide roll outs
Customers using a Maintenance Center can save up to 28% in engineering and maintenance costs while sustaining superior system availability.
- Consistent data gathering techniques for measuring performance across a multi-location organization to improve enterprise-level intelligence and decisions
- Fully accessible, automated, and dynamic data reporting of all mission support activities including Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Worldwide system access and ultra low bandwidth utilization using proven technologies.