Command Uplink Encryptor with Vehicle Simulator/Echo Loop and Decryptor
MYK-16B and MYK-17B Replacement
With the KIV-7MS, Raytheon Secure Information Systems again sets a new standard of excellence for satellite command link security. This flexible, next-generation ground unit is fully compatible with existing Cardholder, AES, and Belshazaar (Pegasus), and new Gryphon (AES) implementations.
The innovative optional multi-channel design allows for future capabilities. When selected, each channel can be independently configurable and is able to operate in full duplex mode at full data rate.
The personalities now available on the KIV-7MS were developed and system-tested to provide backward and forward interoperability. At the same time, they are reprogrammable to allow future security enhancements.
Both personalities are fully compliant with NSA’s requirements and fully interoperable with existing legacy Cardholder, Belshezaar, and Gryphon (AES) flight solutions.
Other Distinguishing Qualities
- Command format compatibility with Cardholder, Belshezaar, and Gryphon (AES)
- Cryptographic compatibility:
- Belshezaar (Pegasus)…MYK-17B, KG-227, KG-228, KGV-227, KI-17
- Gryphon (AES)…KI-55, Gryphon ASIC
- Bypass function in all operational configurations
- RS-422 Binary or Ternary PT and CT I/O Ports
- Unclassified Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI)
- Control input and status available via front panel or computer interface
- Built-in Self Test, Power Transient Detection, and Checkword testing
- Data encryption
- User-friendly menu-based operator interface
- Non-volatile storage of multiple user-defined configurations
- Capable of loading MYK-16B and MYK-17B legacy and Gryphon modern key material
- Crypto-Ignition Key (CIK) protection of internally stored keys
- Flexible key management interface, including DS-101/102, ARS-232, and key fill via HCI
- Legacy key material loading option
- Low-power 5 V DC Operation
- Compliant with NSTISSAM TEMPEST 1/92 and MIL-STD-461C requirements
- Single or rack mount options
- Low Cost
- High Reliability
- Tested to MIL-STD Environment
- Web Browser for Remote Control and Configuration
For more information, please call (800) KIV-SEVEN