Today’s Most Flexible CNSSP 12 Encryption Solution
Command Uplink Encryptor with Vehicle Simulator/Echo Loop Decryptor
With the KIV-7MC, Raytheon Secure Information Systems again sets a new standard of excellence for satellite command link security. The next generation Caribou ground unit is CNSSP 12 compliant and fully compatible with existing and new Caribou implementations.
The KIV-7MC fully implements the Caribou algorithm for CNSSP 12 applications, and the Caribou personality is pending certification by NSA. The AES algorithm implementation in the KIV is NSA certified.
The innovative optional multi-channel design allows for future capabilities such as AES. When selected, each channel can be independently configurable and is able to operate in full duplex mode at full data rate.
The Caribou and upgradeable Gryphon (AES) Personalities are now available on the KIV-7MC. These personalities were developed and system-tested to provide backward and forward interoperability. At the same time, they are reprogrammable to allow future capabilities.
Both personalities satisfy CNSSP 12 requirements and are fully interoperable with existing legacy Caribou and Gryphon (AES) flight solutions. The Gryphon personality allows a transition to an AES system with the existing system infrastructure without having to change the ground unit.
Other Distinguishing Qualities
- Cryptographically compatible with the Caribou VLSI microcircuit
- Satisfies CNSSP 12, National Information Assurance Policy for Space Systems
- Bypass function in all operational configurations
- RS-422 Binary or Ternary PT and CT I/O Ports
- Unclassified Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI)
- Control input and status available via front panel or computer interface
- Built-in Self Test, Power Transient Detection, and Checkword testing
- Designed to meet NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92 and MIL-STD-461C EMI/EMC standards
- Data encryption
- User-friendly menu-based operator interface
- Non-volatile storage of multiple user-defined configurations
- Synchronous data rates to 10 Mbps
- Capable of loading modern Caribou key material comprised of black TEK and red KEK
- Legacy MYK-15A key material loading option via a PC interface
- Crypto-Ignition Key (CIK) protection of internally stored keys
- Flexible key management interface using DS-101/102 fill port
- Low-power 5 V DC Operation
- Compliant with NSA INFOSEC requirements
- Single or multi unit rack mount options
- Gryphon AES (Upgrade Option)
- Versatile Installation
- Rack Mount
- Tested to MIL-STD Environment
- AES Channel Option
- Independently Configurable
- Full Duplex per Channel
- Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI)
- Web Browser for Remote Control and Configuration
For more information, please call (800) KIV-SEVEN