NSA-Certified Government-Strength Encryption at OC-192 Speeds
The SafeNet Type 1 SONET Encryptor (KG-340) is a high-performance solution for SONET/SDH network security applications demanding speeds up to 10 Gbps.
The KG-340 integrates transparently and easily into new and existing SONET/SDH network architectures with line-rate throughput, extremely low latency, and no overhead. As a key part of the Cryptographic Modernization Initiative, the encryptor is ideal for high-speed data, as well as time-sensitive voice and video applications traversing the Global Information Grid.
Up to 384 independent security associations and key pairs can be configured to support encryption at STS-1 level granularity or any Path-level SONET/SDH encryption is supported at various rates and at distances up to 80 kilometers over a duplex fiber-optic network connection. Administrators can selectively encrypt, zeroize, regenerate, or bypass section, line, and path overhead bytes when configuring these connections.
A single, comprehensive solution, the KG-340 delivers scalable performance and seamless end- to-end integration, optimizing security without compromising operations or performance. It combines highly secure, NSA-approved algorithms with the flexibility to integrate into SONET/SDH-based networks at virtually any rate.
The encryptor´s integrated keypad and RS-232 serial interface provide local management access. Operational status is displayed through front panel LEDs and on a two-line 20-character LCD. The status of the local and network interfaces, power, temperature, battery, system operation, security, and interface transmission and reception are displayed via LEDs.
- Supports encryption up to Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
- Simple, secure management using front panel, RS-232 serial port
- Supports concatenated SONET/SDH streams: STS-3c, STS-6cSTS-9c, STS-12c, STS-24c, STS-48c, STS-192c
- Firmware upgrade via USB port and field-upgradeable SONET line interface cards
- Supports up to 192 individual STSI channels
- Physical: 2U high, 19" wide, 23" deep. Rack mountable
- Power: Dual -48V DC power input
- Key Management: Automatic session key update
- Performance: Full duplex at wire speed
- Audit: Event Log/Security Log/ Interface status
- Operating Environment: 0 to 40° C; 0 to 85% RH, non-condensing