Mission: Modeling and Decision Support
Numbers to knowledge
Data, when carefully analyzed, becomes valuable information. Raytheon understands power comes from knowledge. Our systems translate environmental data into meaningful weather and climate information to help scientists, researchers, meteorologists, civil decision makers, emergency responders and warfighters predict, monitor and forecast weather and climate changes efficiently and effectively.
When lives and property are at risk, having access to the right information can mean the difference between life and death. By leveraging mobile and app technologies, Raytheon is bringing critical weather information to users in the field, allowing for faster decisions to be made that can save lives and property.
- Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS)
- Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS)
- Integrated Terminal Weather System (ITWS)
- Joint Environmental Toolkit (JET) program
- NOAA Research and Development (R&D) High Performance Computing (HPC) systems
- North Sea Ocean Monitoring System
- Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI)
- Project Athena
- Project Athena - International
- System for the Vigilance of the Amazon (SIVAM)