The planar near field range is an indoor facility used to measure antennas in the nearfield region and convert the measurements to far field results in support of the development of advanced antenna technologies.
Array designers benefit from the range's ease of use, accuracy and diagnostic tool capabilities.
- 10-foot x 10-foot horizontal scanner
- HP8530 system
- 1.7 GHz to 110 GHz frequency range
- Linear Industries ball screw X-Y scanner
- HP laser position tracking system
- Scanner installed on a special isolated free floating concrete slab floor
- 2000 lb capacity overhead crane
- NSI data acquisition PC driven software
- UNIX Sun workstation using custom data processing software