The AIMSS™ software interactive electronic technical manual (IETM) database development training course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to create or convert paper documentation into Class 4 IETMs. This course shows you how to maintain an IETM database in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. The basic 24-hour course comprises half lecture and half laboratory exercises, and can be taught at your facility and tailored to meet your needs.
The course covers:
- Introduction to IETM database design
- Military performance specifications (MIL-PRF-87268, MIL-PRF-87269)
- Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and its relation to IETMs
- Gathering source material, text, and graphics
- Breaking down and chunking techniques
- Authoring approaches
- Database testing
The course is designed for experienced users of the AIMSS authoring tool set. Students must have completed the standard AIMSS tool set training course.
For classes taught at your facility, our instructor will need a classroom with tables, chairs, a whiteboard with markers, and an overhead projector.
AIMSS is a trademark of Raytheon Company.