The ACU-5000 twelve-channel interoperability gateway capitalizes on features developed by Raytheon over the past decade. These features include a suite of sophisticated Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms to resolve typical radio interoperability problems, interface cables for hundreds of radio makes and models, and quick setup templates for rapid deployment.
In addition, the ACU-5000 is equipped with an intuitive Web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI), a built in Ethernet switch, and the ability to configure its voice communications channels per user preference type including: radio, telephone, VoIP (SIP), or Raytheon's proprietary Radio over Internet Protocol (RoIP). This feature allows the ACU-5000 to be quickly reconfigured as needs change, with no need to purchase, carry, or swap out hardware modules.
Two versions are available - a light and compact tabletop version or a 1U high 19 inch rack mount unit in an aluminum enclosure.
The ACU-5000 is compatible with the Raytheon WAIS Controller Software, which allows the control of a Wide Area Interoperability System (WAIS) via IP. Its distributed network design ensures continuity of local operations in the event of network failure.
- Incredibly versatile; 12 communications channels that can be configured as user-defined combinations of radio, phone, or VoIP (SIP) channels; no need to swap hardware modules to set up for new mission
- Any or all of the 12 channels can be interconnected into interoperability nets; or the channel density may be increased through the ability to create up to 12 individual SIP-to-Radio or RoIP-to-Radio channels
- Built-in Ethernet switch reduces overall system hardware needs
- Web-based control and configuration, including an intuitive help-rich graphical user interface; no need to load custom applications on control PCs
- Compact form factor ideal for mobile and tactical applications
- Phone, radio, and VoIP phone users can access system via Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) signaling; speed-dial capability included
- Handset and speaker for local monitor and communications
- Two ACU-5000s can be connected together to create a 24 channel system with a single unified control interface
24-hour Customer Support Hotline:
Our 24-hour customer support hotline is designed to offer customers an outstanding level of service. U.S. and Canadian customers can call (800) 498-3137 for immediate assistance with any technical problems, day or night. The 24-hour hotline includes a trained, professional staff of existing system and customer service engineers knowledgeable in our products and services.
Please Contact us if you have any questions or to request a software upgrade listed below.
ACU Controller Software v.5.42
CPM-4 Module v.3.06
DSP-2 Module v.3.04