- Software development of Battle Command products (consisting of systems, applications and service-oriented software) under a service-oriented architecture and network centric environment under the Army’s approved migration plan
- Development to support functional and System of Systems requirements for BC products (interoperability, specific performance improvements, SoS requirements, specific user prioritized system needs);
- Maintenance of legacy product baselines in the transition period to a full service-oriented network centric architecture.
- Integration activities at the system level based on integration of system specific and SoS service-oriented software.
- System and operational level testing; and
- Product level logistics support
All current and future Battle Command products and service-oriented software are included in the scope of this effort. Currently they include: The Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS), Global Command & Control System Army (GCCS-A), the emerging contributions to the Network Enabled Command Capability (NECC), the Battle Command Sustainment Support System (BCS3), Common Software (CS) service-oriented software, Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Joint Automated Deep Operations Coordination System (JADOCS), Gun Display Unit Replacement (GDU-R), Pocked Sized Forward Entry Device (PFED), Lightweight Forward Entry Device (LFED), Centaur product, Maneuver Control System (MCS) , Battle Command Common Services (BCCS), and generic service-oriented software in the Battle Command enterprise.